Almost
I was once considered the "how to" girl. I was the person you would come to for advice on "how to" do something. Such as how to break up with my girlfriend/boyfriend, how to tell if he/she likes me and my personal favorite how to get over someone. I didn't consider myself the best, but others did. I was deemed heartless by ninth grade for my blunt, almost irrational answers and advice. However as blunt as I was I was always, always, always 100% correct. All the time every time. My accuracy is what kept people coming back. I have no idea what made me so good at my job, all I knew is I was the best "how to" girl Florida's ever seen! All that changed on what I say was one of the best/worst days of my life. It was the day I met Christopher Jaye! There was a time when that name brought a stream of butterflies to my tummy and a cheek spreading smile, now that name brings painful memories, spiraling depression, a face of a regret and once even tears.How I met him was nothing less than a happily never after. My best friend met a boy named David who seemed okay. By my standards. He had brown skin ,a nice personality and had nine gorgeous brothers. That caught my interest since I was single at the time. The same day I went on MySpace to see that I had a friend request from a gorgeous stranger. He was light skinned with hazel brown eyes. I fell for him instantly. We started a normal teen conversation: "Are you single? How old are you?" After a few random compliments here and there. I exchanged numbers with who I thought would be my future husband. Around nine o'clock my best friend Dimples gave me a ring and before I could tell her about the match made in heaven that went on earlier that day, she informed me that she already heard. "Later on tonight David and I are coming to get you, and Chris will be there." As the last word left her lips and crashed into my ear, a scream of excitement came out and I felt as if I was floating off of my chair. She said they would be there in an hour and to be ready when they called. Within an hour I was dress and ready to go. They arrived an hour or so later. As I slowly walked out the house and towards the car my heart began to take forty mile leaps out of my chest that I swear were visible to the naked eye. I reached for the handle of the car and the first seven times it slipped off; I looked down at my hands to realize my hand had a puddle of sweat on it. So finally Chris opened it for me and as I sat down and our eyes met, I knew my heart would forever be his. After that night I thought the rest would be smooth sailing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment